__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Friday, July 14, 2017

A day in Belgium

There was one night a week ago, when I was sitting with Zoe, watching random dramas on our computer separately. Suddenly, "should I go Paris" popped in my mind. Told this to Zoe and we both paused our videos, went to search for flight tix, and ended up finding cheap tix to Belgium (abt 23euro one way, which is even cheaper than Miri to Kedah). Bought the tix, although another destination, then continue our dramas. That's how we ended up in Belgium.

I knew the country from a variety show, a few guys reaching at night, visiting the grand place with the building lights up, that's my image for the country.

Another one will be best waffles, best beer and best chocolates. Oh, and also mussels in Brussels.

We reached at midnight, because of the one hour time difference, it was quite late. Found a random restaurant and had kebab at almost 12am, wanted to visit the grand place at night but since it was too late we ended up resting early that night.
midnight kebab
The next morning, we woke up early and walked all the way from our hostel to the center of the city, passing by so many beautiful buildings feeling the fresh vibes in Brussels.

a castle like building which is now a musuem

5euro entrance fee so we took pics outside and left XD

traffic lights here have different icons
The country speaks two languages, German and French. Everyone around me is speaking a language I can't understand but still I was enjoying it. Probably the second country I visited that I didn't speak the language other than Thailand XD

 We then passed by a flea market where people sell antiques. There's a small square but it was quite empty and there was less people as it was raining quite heavily that day.
 A seller from Algeria that has typewritters in his stall typed 'I LOVE YOU MALASIA' for us <3
This is how some of the zebra crossing here looks like, and I LOOOOVE how the cars will stop once you come near one!
A selfie with the peepeeboy which is so small in real life. Hi and bye XD
We stopped by a coffee shop for a break as it was raining quite heavily and I faced some problems back in Miri about my EPs ._.


DELIRIUM CAFE
We then found the peepeegirl opposite Delirium cafe.
 Next stop, Delirium cafe aka my paradise, early in the morning. We chose to come here in the morning as we want to avoid the crowds.
It is called a cafe instead of a bar or a pub. There's up to 2000++ type of beers here which is recorded as the most types in the Guinness World Record, separated into three catagories, light heavy and fruity. Fun fact is that the best beer here in Belgium are brewed by monks!!

The interior here is so great, this is how the basement looks like, with all kinds of beer cap in the ceiling.

Zoe had the most popular cherry beer, and I ask for a recommendation of fruity beer. The bartender gave me a ... (sry i forgot the name will update once i rmb LOL)

THE GRAND PLACE
I can't control myself but wanting to take a picture once i stepped into the square. It's a square with beautiful, grand, majestic building all around you. I passed by there around ten times and still can't stop taking pictures of it.


Too many pics I can't upload it all. At the end we sat on the floor in the middle of the square for almost two hours in the evening, feeling and seeing the whole place, greedy me still don't feel enough XD Wanted to wait for the sunset so the building will light up as that was how I had the image of Belgium, didn't get to have a look as we were rushing for the last bus to the airport that night. Well, leaving some regrets so I have a reason to come back here again.

FOOOOOOOOOOD
Another thing that makes Belgium heaven is foooood. Waffles and chocolates, desserts and all. Literally my paradise.
We bought two small macarons.
 Zoe said her dream is to be rich enough to be able to enjoy the tea sold here.
My dream would probably be tasting all the macarons XD

Chocolatessssss

Wafflesssssss

We were on a tight budget, all aiming cheap and save money. Didn't want to afford for fancy chocolates but still want to try. Well I found coupons in our hostels that can be used to exchange a chocolate at this fancy chocolate shop, I'm grateful <3

Found a bench by the roadside and enjoyed our macarons, this is small but OMG yumsssssss
We had one pistachio and a vine berry one. Both not that sweet. The first one has the strong after taste of pistachio flavor and the second one has a light sourness with a slight sweetness. 

Candiesssssssss

We decided to go all out and got us a fancy waffle. YUMSSSSSSSS.
The strawberries and the cream that was so soft and light, with nutella chocolate on top, together with the Belgium waffles aka the best waffles I ever had in life (had a one with just sugar on top which surprised me with the fact that there is such tasty food on Earth)

more chocolatesssss

we went in and out a lot of chocolate shops, just to look and drool. I'm satisfied.

Had paella for dinner. Since mussels in Brussels is a must. Decided to have a paella with a few mussels in it. Damnnnnnn it was so nice too although this is just a random restaurant. Zoe was so nice to peel all the prawns for me (Need one Zoe in life. Owh wait I have one. Blessed.)

We visited a few other places too on that day, an open mall which should also be the oldest one in Brussels (which we bought our macarons)

We also visited an art museum.
There's a lot of museums in Brussels, this was chosen by random LOL We got tired walking and I saw a huge posters with lots of words on it, which has a small FREE WIFI so we entered XD
 This place is called BOZAR(?) or maybe the current event is called so. Had a great time here looking around, should be quite a popular one. Bought a postcard here and contributed to their graffiti wall.
There's a huge QI by me and a small girl that I drew which resembles Caroline in ParaKiss. 
Have fun finding in it!

That night we rushed to the airport since the last bus was at 1030pm, spent the night in the airport before flying off at 7am the next morning. The weather was quite cold, around 9-11 degree celsius(?) Was cold shaking but there's still people there with sleeveless and shorts 6.6

This is mini Zoe aka Homeless no.2 squeezing in a small bench XD 
Btw Homeless no.1 is me which is too huge to squeeze, ended up can't sleep and took this pic XD

This will be how I'll remember Belgium in the future <3
It's a city with a pace I like, the type of city that I hope to work in the future, a city that has mind blowing waffles and a city that has two of my favorite things, choco and beer.
Will be back again in the future, hope that time I'll be speaking the language! See you when I see you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment