__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I visited THE Johnny's Shop!

Our fourth day in Japan, we woke up early to go to Meiji Shrine so that we can avoid the tourist crowd. I was very amazed that even in the center of the town, there's still such a place full with trees and so calming, just like it was far away from the busy city.
All the way in you can hear the very noisy cicadas, before we reached the shrine, there's a display of nihonju and wine that is given to the shrine to thank the God.

 Before we did our prayers in the shrine, we cleaned our hands and mouth with water.
 Although we can't go into it and can only do our prayers outside (throw a five yen coin and make a wish) there's still people inside, and it felt so calming even with all the crowds outside.
 Also, before we leave, we're VERY lucky to be able to see a traditional wedding ceremony here!!!



After visiting Meiji shrine, we go around the Yoyogi park beside it, from there we can see the Yoyogi stadium (?) where JUMP always held their concert there. The feeling of so near yet so far XD

We walked all around the park just to find this two orange and yellow steel boxes. It's called a rubbish bin. Although it's so hard to find a rubbish bin here, yet there's totally no rubbish around the park!!!

Then we went to Harajuku!!!
We were literally squeezing through the crowds as it was a Sunday. Well we purposely chose a weekend to go there as we wanted to feel the crowds HAHA
We didn't do much shopping there as the currency is very bad which turns out everything is expensive so we didn't even think of buying things there LOL
But there's a three-storey DAISO there which sells literally everything so we did some shopping there as it's much more cheaper compared to buying it at Msia.
Other than that we bought some branded bags(?) which was requested as the price is fixed and buying it online will be much more expensive due to the charges.


We had a loooooot of fun staying there seeing the crowds. It;s very easy to meet people in weird clothing and they are all very friendly and ready to take a pic with you.


We had taiyaki and takoyaki there for lunch then after that get into the crowds again and grab a crepe and kakigori for more. Yepp can consider food trip liao.

Here comes the crazy and siasui part at JOHNNY'S SHOP.


We knew that there's a Johnny's Shop at Harajuku so yepp MUST GO.
I saw a lot of repo online saying how to go and how it looks like. It's always very hard to imagine as NO PHOTOGRAPHY OUTSIDE AND INSIDE.
I have the image that it's very small very hard to find (coz people say so). We used google map and I was busy looking on my phone for directions. When it shows that I'm AT THE PLACE I looked up, and realized OMG IT IS HUGEEEE.

AND I SCREAMED OUR LOOOOOOOOOUD

I was so loud that the guard in front of Johnny's shop laughed at me (yepp they have guards standing in front) and did the douzo douzo gesture HAHA. (I'm sure this is not the first time he sees someone this crazy)
We got into the basement (where the pictures are displayed) by the stairs at the side. It's so spacious and the pictures are displayed so nicely with the atmosphere like a photography exhibition very high class. It's quite crowded and people are also choosing pictures.
I was always thinking why people wants to buy this kind of pictures, I mean what can you do with it XD Then later realized I'm starting to tick the codes on my paper 6.6
I sound like I'm very calm now but at that time I was kya-ing inside and out LOL
We paid at the first floor which it's all mainly a row of payment counter (yet we still need to line up). It's always been my dream to be here and finally after five years++, dreams do come true!!! (Ticking off another bucket list).

After dying countless time in Harajuku (too excited heart attack)
We decide to spend the rest of the day at Shibuya. Maybe we were walking too much on that day, three of us almost collapsed.
We wanted to find a cafe to rest for a while, but cafe hunting in Shibuya in the weekends is so damn hard as everywhere is full. Their conbini doesn't have place for us to sit too! We tried to search on Google for cafe nearby and it's usually full when we're there, or there'll be people smoking in a closed area (which we really want to avoid).
Finally we found a cafe that is full, but a small table that can fit us, but that really means a lot to us who almost decide to lie down in the middle of the road in Shibuya.

Americano as always.
 We spent a few hours chilling at the cafe, coz we were on our feet for THE WHOLE DAY.
After that it's quite late so we decided to leave but since we are already in Shibuya so why not visit Tower Records before we leave.

 The whole 8-storey building is selling CDs and we were very lucky to be able to meet up with a fansign event (although we don't know who they are). The fans were all prepared with their cannons, which I thought it was for animals photography XD


There's a lot of surprise at Tower Records as I easily get excited when I see their albums and singles HAHA Another amazing thing is that JOHNNY'S is considered a genre, so when I was wondering why is there no Johnny's artist in the J-POP section, I walked into another huge corner where every artists under Johnny's are put together. Heaven.

That night we decided to stop at an Izakaya (where businessmen usually spend their time there after a long day work for beer), we went to a place called 一休 which the price are reasonable.
We had one big mug of beer each, had something too eat, and had a lengthy talk.
I am actually still underage in Japan, so actually every time I'm buying alcohol in Japan I was so scared HAHAHA Coz Zz had been asked to show her ID card when she bought alcohol (glad I was not phewwww) the only time I appreciate looking old XD

Anyway, BEER IS LIFE. Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment