__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Healthy JAN!

I sometimes love how the year started with a holiday, a long one like this, which I used to hate a lot.
I used to think that it is a waste of time, especially at the beginning of the year, and you're not doing anything, very unproductive.
But slowly I came to realize that only in this kind of holidays, you'll be doing what you want and what you like, and it's actually much more productive than just blindly rushing classes and assignments.
For me, I spent the last two weeks doing what I really want, focusing on my hobbies. Music, reading, cooking, exercise etc. (owhh also drama and anime XD)

The first accomplishment this year is I started to exercise daily and also eat clean. It actually started last year end, after I came back from all my vacations. Although I am quite sure that it won't be able to last the whole year, but at least right now I am doing it.

I'm visiting the gym at a daily basis right now, and everyday spending at least two hours there, focusing both on cardio and weight. I'm not aiming to slim down but just to stay healthy.
It usually start with about 15-20mins cardio, followed by 60-90mins of weight training, then ending it with 30-40mins cardio. I usually choose the treadmill for cardio, walking fast or sometimes jog. For weight I have my personal trainer which I used to visit about four years ago. Stomach will be focused everytime, while back+elbow and leg will take turns.

It's actually very hard to maintain, going to the gym at a daily basis, especially you have sore legs sore arms even getting down the bed is a pain, some more to the gym @.@ 
Also when you're training, all thoughts come into mind. "Why am I doing this?", "What am I doing here?" and that can't be more normal at first, especially lifting those weights doing that routine and time seems to pass SO SLOW!
But trust me, day by day, exercising will become a daily part of your life, and missing one day make you feel so empty and guilty. Until that day you do it like you eat and sleep, hang in there!




Okay now to the eating part!
More protein, vege, fruits, fibre. Less carbs and oil. Simple but so hard.

Breakfast can be soy with bread, eggs and fruits.
this is yummehhhh
Lunch can be normal, more grass aka vege. Homecook will be better.
Dinner try to keep it as simple. Fruits and maybe some biscuits (low sodium high fibre kind)

DO NOT SKIP A SINGLE MEAL. We are human beings that need food, no skipping.
Exercising daily might be hard, eating clean would be even harder. Try to avoid outside food and big meals, which is very hard. 
So far I haven't have a single cheat day yet. YAY. Which I think will be today since it's Bii's birthday HAHA.

Anyway, no matter doing anything, enjoying is the most important.




No comments:

Post a Comment