__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Trip to Marudi

Quick update on our trip to Marudi! A small town away from Miri around 2 hrs++ bumpy road on the Hilux.

I knew this place last semester when I was finding a suitable school for my project. We communicated all through emails and phone calls, whatsapps and meeting up in Miri. So my first trip into Marudi was after my project started for a month. The teacher that worked with us keep describing Marudi as a small town, 5mins drive for a whole round and maybe 30mins walk around the whole town. I COULD NOT IMAGINE.

Out trip into Marudi was all shaky on bumpy roads, up and down with turns like a roller coaster for a whole two hours, across a river with ferry and here we reached. I can never imagine this town being such developed, as it was so far away from the city. It gave me the feel of my hometown, small but having everything, being such accessible and the buildings felt a little same too!!


we were actually squeezing in a four wheel drive

on the ferry!
 The first thing we do after reaching there is finding their Marudi Keoyteow!
We went to a not so famous one and it just tasted not bad. But this is my first try on this kind of Keoyteow as in I never see them before!

We then went to another more famous one to take away back, and trust me the level is different it tastes so damn yummy it is a must in Marudi. Eat two plates dabao back five four yourself. You'll thank me.
 I just love how they have their own personalized food. After Marudi Keoyteow we had Marudi icecream. It's not that hard to find, usually in the shops by the side of the road that sells icecream you can usually find them. A very plain but very thick icecream.
 We then went meet up with MrJohn who really helped us a lot in this project. He was so kind so friendly and he came fetch us. We went around the town standing behind the hilux under the hot sun, trying to look for their famous pudding! It was too late and the pudding was sold out TT
 We then went to their small airport to check for the flight tickets to fly back to Miri as Byin has a dinner to attend that night. The city is so damn small but still they have a small airport!!!
It is so small that it's smaller than a usual convenient store, and this is where they sell their flight tickets, at a fixed price!
check in counter at the same place too haha
 On that few days Marudi actually have a small event so the flight tickets were kinda sold out. We reached quite late too and the last flight was too early for us to leave so we decided to take the four wheel drive and shake our way out to Miri LOL
The airplane they have is actually a small one that you can even se the pilot! I was looking forward to it but then missed the chance TT
 Mr John then brought us to an old ice shop and we had ABC. The weather was so hot and this was just in time! I love how they know each other in a small town like this as everyone is your neighbor, this shop was inherited from his grandfather and MrJohn had a small talk with the owner and he was so welcoming too! How I wish I can stay longer here.

After that we went to meet up with the EPs. They were making currypuff and baking brownies, so we just rest and ate XD Finally did what we supposed to do, gave them a small session, had a small meeting and update with them before we leave.

The way back home seems even longer. The bumpy road seems endless and Byin even had car sickness ._. We met an accident on our way home and it takes even longer as they have only one main road. We have to wait for them to dig another temporary new road so that we can pass.
Glad thing was the sky that night was so rose quartz and serenity I felt so safe and calm. Hope I get to visit there again!!! Will definitely say yes if someone can sponsor my flight tix HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment