__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Going to Egypt...?

So earlier I posted this picture on Ins...

...and the respond I got was "wow" ,"Egypt!" ,"why Egypt?"

Not that I'm trying to lie...but the ticket for the event looks something like the boarding pass and it really did stated that its heading to Egypt...so...forgive me!

Its actually an event named GLOBAL VILLAGE by AIESEC.
I believe you people know Aiesec, its an international non-profit organisation,if you don't know,Google it !
And the Global Village event is an annual event.For this year,it's held at Malaysia here,Curtin University!

I tried to get in Aiesec,but since I am new here,I missed the sign up date,which means I need to wait for next year...

Okay,back to the event.I was so into it so not much pictures,and its dark in there so the pictures quality is not that good too.
It was at the rec hall,FREE FOOD from all over the world were provided,and also performances from the exchange students.

At first I tried Egypt curry,and they have ais kacang and rojak!!!
The last time I ate those was sooooo long ago I AM CRAVING FOR IT!


My ice kacang and rojak...Looks not that nice but seriously when you're craving for it,everything is nice!
After that I had some pulut and some special dishes from Cambodia.

Got to try the Turkey food too!!!
So called smashed eggs and salad...
Got a selfie with the Turkish girl too,awwww so pretty!!!
 


At last filled my stomach with Pakistan food (I think?)

For the performance part,we got students from Vietnam,Cambodia,Marautious,Egypt,Turkey,Hong Kong. For Msia, we got Chinese dance,lion dance,Indian dance,Malay singing,ErHu performance,Borneo band,Orang Ulu dance,Bidayuh dance and of course AIESECers!

Orang Ulu dance

Cambodian singing

Borneo band

Egypt dance.

Lion dance

Maroutious dance (they are WILD!!)

Malay singing

ErHu and singing

Indian dance

I was actually expecting more Mat Salleh ,but nahhh not even Japan and Korea haha. But still it was great seeing those performance and also those small tribes at Sarawak dancing.


AIESECers dance. This was the minute before I was dragged into the crowd and started dancing XD ...even though I don't even know the steps ...


We were so thirsty so we got plain ice from the ice kacang to 'munch'

A sketch by the Cambodia students and the souvenirs.
I got my name written in Vietnamese by a Vietnam girl named Tao.
Got this from the Turkey beauty...totally have no idea what is it for,but still THANKS!
And of course,took selfies with an Egypt girl!!! 并没有意要黑haha

They have a photo booth of course must take photo!!!

From the left is Jenny from Miri,then DD from Sabah,Diyana from KL and ME!!!
At my left is Mohamad from Somalia!(we are in the same group) And the hot guys beside him are from Syria.

It was a wonderful night and not to mention,I actually got the lucky draw prize!! But since I sent Diyana back to her on campus apartment,I was not at the rec hall!!! DAMNNNN. But still no use crying over spilled milk,glad that I didn't got the Grand Prize,since that's the only prize I hope for (free 6weeks exchange) so its okayyyy!!!  I had wonderful memories its enough its worth it !

No comments:

Post a Comment