__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

OpenDay'15

HI.
Or should I say....MEOW.

Yes this is me.
As a cat.
On our Open Day.
Who got a lot of photo request.

So I was volunteering for one of the booth,which is under foundation,which is under the Innovation Expo for engineering and science.
Our booth was seperated to two parts,a part is about physics and chemistry which we perform simple experiment and explain it.Another part will be the -money earning- part,which we did face painting,hand painting and tattoos,also a PS4 for guys to spent time (and money.
(cheap)tattoos and hand painting.

So we prepared a day earlier,went to buy groceries and also tried to decorate the booth.
A little annoyed was that the people are not so organised.Maybe its because they have busy schedules(?) Like seriously they made the booth decoration and even the layout on the very day of Open Day.
Well,but still everything went smooth.

For this day,someone said its so boring,someone said not having fun.
But it reallyyyyyy depends on the person.Especially people like me went craycray.
And also imagine fixing all my cravings just because I didn't went to town for quite a while.

Started my day with kebab from Meritz hotel.

Takoyaki as a gift for myself after hours painting faces.

Enjoyed this at the very end of the Open Day.

I actually ate much more than that XD 
Well I was with my friends so I got to try more than just mine.
Ate Taiwan chicken popcorn,lemon tea with aloe vera,longan drinks with tappuri longan(almost half of the cup with it),and someone belanja the whole chicken chop.And for the toast,I got it for free!At first I was just thinking of getting a drink(ribena+sprite),and at the same booth they sell toast,but since its almost the end of the day,so they gave out for free!Yumm very yumm!

My body hates me and my tummy thanks me a lot for that day.

On that day too,there are exhibition from the police(or rakan muda?) ,handicrafts too.Even showing snakes and spiders (which is the very first time for me to actually touched it without thinking its gross or its scary)Because they keep those spiders in a very pretty glass showcase,handled it like some kinda pets,and on that very time,I think I didn't even treat that spider as a spider LOL.

Other than that will be escape room!Because I was busy with my booth,and after the booth I went around the stage for some performance and the Mr.&Ms.Curtin event,I didn't had the chance to have a try.

Owhhh,this is one of the performance with traditional music instrument that got my attention (just because I didn't see those before) With that they humm and sing melody,also with a few moves that looks a bit like silat.

Another thing I think is quite interesting on that day will be Motor boat race and paramotoring.
Its so cool just seeing those self-innovate or self-create motor boats racing at the lake.The view is spectacular I have to say,accompanied by the sound effect of the engine and vision effect of the water splashing and also big turning on the water.
Paramotoring will be something like paragliding,but since we don't have a higher region or a small hill,they actually have this thing called paramotoring. Its almost the same with a parachute,but you actually sit on a seat with a big fan behind you,so that you don't need a long route before flying up.

Paramotoring.
I somekind regetted not wearing nicely on that day LOL,but because I was helping a booth I have dress code >< Since they decorated the place so nicely everywhere,and even set up a few insta-friendly place for photoshooting (which I don't even have the time and energy to go all around after the long day)
An instagram photo booth!

Array of balloons at the student central.
This was actually a couple made of balloons!
The kiddies corner will be much more fun with a transformer model,a few minions made by balloons,and I believe more than hundreds of balloons around!(owhhh how much I wish I was a kid)
The Innovation Expo for business and commerce was decorated with balloons and balloons.
For us engineering and science,those seniors actually made out a blue transformer out of waste products! (sorry no pic!) I was truly amazed!!!

Our booth with face painting actually went well!
At first I actually worried that no one will come but nahhh people enjoyed!
Not even worried about getting too 'over',since there are cosplayer all around.
Yes,cosplayer. Some with the whole set of costumes.Some with just wig and makeup.
I felt like some kind of carnival or matsuri !






Part of the 'customers'.

Our whole team.

Ended the day playing Malibo which is a traditional game of the Melanau.
A big swing which we need to grab on a bamboo stick and swing like a monkey (or Tarzan).
Night view by the lakeside.

We stayed until quite late waiting for the bus.
But seriously I enjoyed being free,not thinking about study and not thinking about exam.
Enjoying the very little things in life,
not rushing for classes not rushing for anything,
living a slow life,enjoy food on the grass by the lakeside,
sing along and cheer with the performance band,
flailing like crazy for the hot guys and pretty girls for Mr.&Ms.Curtin,
talked about everything by the lakeside with the sunset,
running on the field,chatted with friends and played in the field,
enjoying the evening breeze and making jokes.


I feel grateful to have a day like this as a small runaway.
Thanks a lot for everyone that willing to spend time and enjoy with me,


This beautiful memory is just like the tattoo on my finger.
Small but precious as diamond.
*not to mention my short fingers*


No comments:

Post a Comment