__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

YouthSpeakForumMiri

Youth Speak was happening in Curtin University Sarawak for the first time last weekend!!!

Before that I really don't feel like going as I have my reports and projects to finish, and lately it's midterm peak, all I wanna do during weekends is staying at home, study and rest. Glad that I went!!! When people asked me "Why are you here today? What do you expect?" I would shout in myself "Because its compulsory!" 
Okay laa, I know I'm rude, but after the whole day, I learnt a lot, I spent the whole day thinking, asking the me deep inside.

In the morning they have 3keynote speakers, representative of WAO (Women Aid Organization), IPYG (International Peace Youth Group) and WWF (World Wildlife Fund).
All of the topics are very interesting, and I really do feel the lack of time for each speakers! 
All the speakers spent most of their time talking about their issues, which I'm not quite interested, and the QnA session is sooooo short!
I got a lot of question marks in me, and really do want to know their point of view, I hope there's really more time for us to discuss on those topics! (Not to mention the speakers are from Indonesia and another one is Korean-HongKong) Well, at least they got my attention on those topics.

After lunch we had workshops, went to the Education topic.
Its by Teach For Malaysia, remember the TalentED night which was organized by them? This time I get to know much more about them.
It really did hit me knowing the fact that how people all around the world are lack of education. Even in Malaysia, believe it or not, only 15% of us attend a form of tertiary education. This is much more worse than I expect. At that moment, sitting at there, I just felt so so blessed. 
At the same time, I was really thinking that what can we really do to help? How can we raise awareness of this most important thing.
I always believe that education is the most important thing, and its the root for a developing country, for a better living, for a peaceful society. As only through education, we'll know how important it is to maintain a better living, how important it is to respect others. No matter what kind of problems, what kind of development, it always points to education.

I really do salute people under Teach For Malaysia, as they believe, and they're trying their best, although what they can do is a small tiny part, but they still willing to give and willing to try.
I get to talk to some teachers under TFM too, and I mmg respect what they're doing and their thoughts. 

Our workshop ended earlier, and we went to the Social Entrepreneur workshop by Air Asia foundation then Peace and Justice workshop by IPYG. Didn't discussed much at there, as all also almost end, well we got to photobomb Haha. Another one we didn't go is the Child's Right workshop which they said is very nice, gahhhhhh.

Didn't expect much from Youth Speak actually, but ended up so fruitful! Hope there is a next one, and hope it'll be soon. Definitely I'll go, and I hope I can see you, who are reading this post, at there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment