__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

CV! Make A Wishhhh

A few weeks back, one of my friend asked me whether I am interested in joining the committee of this event. That time I was super busy and had a couple of things on my hand, but this event was just so meaningful I just can't not to do it. Also, you never know how much you can go if you didn't try to push yourself.
What we did was visiting the Sarawak Children Cancer Society centre in Miri, and try to make their wish come true. It felt like I was given a chance to be an elf helper of the Santa Claus helping to prepare their dream presents which is totally AWESOME.

I was the game master of this event but since the kids are not suitable for 'extreme activities' (no dancing, no jumping, no running), rather than games, it's more like sitting down, colouring, chatting, folding origami etc. (totally my styleeee)
We made two visits and I was lucky to be able to go for two times, they hope to have as less people as possible since they don't want the crowds and noise. Even though both visits were just like spending a great quiet weekend there, relaxing outdoor doing drawings and crafts, I LOVE THE SESSION A LOT!

They were quite shy at first, and after a few activities, they started to open out and we talked about their life and what they like, introducing me to all kinds of weird online games. They even showed me some videos of the game on Youtube and goshhh since when the quality of online games went so good!!!
We collected their wishes during our first visit, and opened booth in the campus for two weeks to raise fund. Some of the people even donated presents for the kids and I felt so warm in heart and also glad that the society is not 'dead' yet, and people still cares.

The second visit we also spent some relaxing time together and of course gave them their gifts!!!
This event was so successful, as we really raised enough fund and even get to give the kids what they really want ( which I totally didn't expect).
Gifts including remote controlled car, remote controlled helicopter, whole set of LEGOs etc. Thanks to those who tried to give in every aspect that make this event a successful one!

One of the memorable part was one of the kids showed me videos a few years ago when he was sick. I didn't expect this as we don't really want to ask them more about their health condition. He looked quite sick and was staying in the hospital for a long time, and now he is just a handsome boy all cute and just a bit shy.

I got to know more about the current condition through this event, although Miri is the second large city in Sarawak, but there is no equipment for the treatment and usually they need to head to Kuching for treatment. Usually a visit need to be a long time as they need to always be supervised and keep heading to the hospital for checkups. SCCS did a great job helping the kids by providing a place to stay during their time in Kuching, and it's also a great bridge for parents to support each other.

I was pumped up and recharged after seeing so much love from other strangers, that gave all they had in all ways they could. It was very heartwarming and I was really lucky to be given a chance to be a tiny part of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment