__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Mural painting at YiLan

I know I seriously need to start writing my stories here because its been piling up each and every single day (because I'm literally doing something new and going around everyday)

So lets start from the first two days here. My project was under NCCU (they connect me with my volunteering elementary school) so there's a short two days welcoming party for us volunteer. The first day was going to NCCU, meet each others, listen to some talks. There were volunteer from Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and Indonesia this time.

After the activities at NCCU, I joined the other three girls and went to 西门町, we took the bus then the LRT there. There was a few exits and when the moment we went out, there was no crowds and just a few malls and shops. Much more deserted than I thought. I was thinking maybe after a short walk and the crowds will start to appear, but nahhh it only gets much more deserted 0.o

We chose one of the shops for beef noodles (牛肉面)because they said its a must try food here at Taiwan. After mending our tummy, we went back to the station and went out from another exit. THIS IS IT! THE SHOPS. THE CROWDS.

We walked for more than 30 minutes around but there was no end to be seen. Gosh this would be paradise for shopaholics.



The next day we went to YiLan. Its quite far from the Taipei city center and took us about two hours to reach. We went to a wooden clog museum (?) and learnt about the history and story of wooden clogs. Also we got the chance to DIY our own wooden clog keychain~

The main reason we're here was to paint the wall! Like seriously I actually didn't believe that we can do it XD especially in such short time >< But we managed to finish the whole wall in such a short time, damn nice even!!!

This weekend was great and awesome although its short. I don't think there'll be a second time to meet for some of them, but thanks for the great memories!

(pictures coming up later, stupid wifi)

No comments:

Post a Comment