__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

FIVE things I want to do in Tokyo, Japan


As flying around becomes easier and any information can be easily gained from the internet, traveling becomes much more easier and the best way to travel is definitely live like a local for me!
As an anime lover and watching Japanese dramas for more than five years, a Japan lover and a Japanese speaker, Japan is the country that I'll definitely say if I'm asked to choose a one to travel. (100 times also not enough XD)
This time traveloka.com.my is giving out travel coupons to fulfill #MyTravelokaEscapade which I will definitely choose Tokyo to visit!!!

If you really want to travel as a local, experience the locals life, asking me for recommendation will never go wrong XD
Here’s a brief list of 5 things I want to do in Tokyo! Which I definitely recommend you to follow HAHA


Experience Tokyo metro
By saying experience, it's not only try to understand or figure out how to use the Tokyo metro which looks like tangled wires.
I want to be one of the people in that sardin-canned train during the morning peak hours, squeezing in the crowds who are rushing to work and school, let the train station staffs help squeeze and somehow manually close the train door. (Then I can proudly say those FB videos are true and I've experienced it)

worse than those tangled cables 



Yukata and hanami
I love how Japan practice their culture in their daily life, as said it's not hard to see people in Yukatas at the subway or on the road.
One of my biggest regret is not renting a Yukata for hanabitaikai (fireworks festival) when I went to Japan this summer. Wearing a yukata might be bothersome and somehow heavy and hot, so winter might be the best season to wear a yukata and go hanami (cherry blossom watching?) during #MyTravelokaEscapade. I want to feel the bulkiness on the waist as they described and also walking elegantly with those wooden crocs.
Owhhh, how much I can foresee it'll be a pain XD (must take lots of instagram-worthy pics for this*take notes*)


Visit cafes
Name one of the cafes that you'd like to visit in Tokyo.
“Ok! Maid cafe, owl cafe, Gundam cafe, AKB cafe, and …. what? You say one??? But… it's so hard to choose *sobs*”
NEVER ASK ME TO GO ONLY ONE CAFE. I'm already in Tokyo! It's not like it's easy and cheap to travel this far, or I'll have another #MyTravelokaEscapade!!!  EVERY CAFE COUNTS.
As an owl lover, an otaku, an engineer-to-be tech lover and also an old AKB fan, all of those cafes are listed in my MUST VISIT list… which I'm still continue listing (not to mention those limited season ones!!!)
dream destination. No?



Japan local food
As a person who watched anime and Jdramas for almost ten years, trust me I can name every food that appears (excuse me food lover here) but at the same time it's also a ‘shame’ not trying it before!
In case you don't know what to eat in Japan (too much choices), here's a list: Curry rice, Ichiran ramen, Kaiden sushi, zaru soba, takoyaki (octopus ball?), taiyaki, kakigori (shaved ice), crepe… you name it!!!
Owhh and not to forget to try out their McDonald's! They have so much choices that fused with their locals taste!
limited time sakura ones, matcha ones, choco fries <3



Studio Ghibli museum
Leaving this as the last of 5, it's hard to get tickets for it, even harder as a foreigner =\
I guess it's everyone’s dream to visit the museum as long as they watched one of their productions. It's even more attracting as it's not allowed to take pictures in the museum so everything inside is so s mysterious !!!
Tips: After visiting the museum, make sure to visit their cafe there (as everyone say so)
There’s also a place to visit nearby that not much people know which is Edo Tokyo Tatemo no En where you can find old Japanese buildings there in the middle of the Tokyo city (if you don't have a chance to visit Kansai this is the place for you to explore Japan’s old buildings!!!)
this is also the place that gave inspiration for the movie SenToChiharaNoKamikakushi

I've done a looooot of research for this, just to go to those places with 'high CP', so pleeeeease make #MyTravelokaEscpade trip to Tokyo come true!!!
There's stil a lot of things that I wanna do in Japan, such as walking the Shibuya crossing, go to a nastu-matsuri (summer festival), to a music festival or a concert in Japan, to the izakaya (beer stalls) drinking beer after a long day with the office workers, shop for anime and technologies at Akihabara!
(WILL NAME FIVE MORE IF I HAVE THE TIME FOR IT XD)

The living cost in Japan is 'scarily' expensive!! (I almost ate onigiri from the combini everytime last time I went Tokyo XD) It's almost impossible for me to visit my dream country these few years =\
Luckily I saw a light of hope when seeing traveloka.com.my is giving out travel coupons!!! (My God My angel My Kamisama My Megamisama!!!)

Looking forward to #MyTravelokaEscapade and visit Japan one day, as it's my dream country!!! Moreover language is no longer a problem as I speak Japanese (chehhh) self taught though XD


No comments:

Post a Comment