__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Parents Info Day '16

Putting the '16 behind the title hoping that this event can continue and I will be there the next time too XD

I was lacking motivation to write on here, even sometimes I feel that it's meaningless to write those 'boring' events, since nothing much actually happened.
I then been reminded by myself that the reason I wanted to start writing is to record daily things and try to find the small spark of joy from it.
My life was really busy rushing everything up and finish everything on time, I used to be like this too, but I made sure I squeeze time out for here, which I didn't really do for the past few weeks ._.

Back to the title!
Parents Info Day is like an event where future students come and know more about the university, the courses and maybe fees or scholarships. This event mostly aimed on local parents and students, to let them at least have a chance to visit the university at their neighborhood.

I talked to Regine who is the main person in charge for this event, she's a graduate from Curtin University which now works under the marketing department. She told me that even she's a local herself, but before studying here, she never had the chance to visit this university when she was in high school. She hope that the local Miri can be more familiar to the university and be more aware that Miri itself has a global-recognized uni.

JOB IN!
That morning we went early to help set up the place, they have booths for the engineering and commerce faculty, since this event is aiming high school students coming for foundation. There's also University Life department, fees and scholarship, they also had Yayasan Sarawak here for a booth.
The event started with two talks in the morning, one by the student's parent so that parents can know more what they should be aware or what their children will be receiving. The next one was by Yayasan Sarawak, all the way from Kuching.
I was not there for the talks, so no details XD

They had a simple tea break after the talks. Since it's puasa period, we had it in a small corner inside the SSD.
I set this up! ....but didn't have the chance to try it lol. K.O. ed after me finish busying my things...

After the tea break, we gave the parents and the students a campus tour!
Its fun for me too since as I introduce the places to the parents, I got to experience or go to areas where I usually can't get access to. The highlight part for me will be the MediaRoom, where only media students can access, which was my first time in there too! They were showed a short clip there.
Another one will be distributed learning center. I've been there before, but didn't get to try real live with Aussie there. This time, the person in charge there tried to contact with the classroom there. Since it's weekend so what we can see were empty classrooms LOL
The moooooost interesting one is the mechanical and civil labs and workshops. Its a very spacious open space, more like a work space. They have also a hugeeee room with huge machines in there!
(Sorry no pics >< )

During the campus tour I got to talk to some parents while going from one place to another, they where surprised by the fact that I'm from Kedah, as expected. We had a small talk about how Mirians want to go to west Malaysia to further their studies, but students from there coming here. I think its a decision that will be made after thinking from every aspects. For me, I had better choice, but still I chose to study here. It just feels all right, that's the most important factor for me. I never talked about this before, but until now, I still remember the feeling that night, where it suddenly clicks and it feels so right. Well, we never know what;s coming in the future and I believe that God will always choose the right path for you.

After the event.


A light world jump marking the end of the event =]













No comments:

Post a Comment