__________Appreciate the little things in life.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fasting

Its the first day of holy month of Ramadhan,and the muslims started fasting for a month on this day.

About FASTING,I have this experience once during the days in National Service.I tried fasting for a day with my Islam friends,and it turned out not bad. =)
According to my friends,the muslims fast from fjar(sunrise) until maghrib(sunset).During fasting,they are not allowed to eat and drink,cut their fingernails,pick their nose or ear and having bad thoughts.They usually fast to gain taqwa (get closer to the God) or to gain pahala ('gift' as you ask for something). Not really sure these are correct or not.
Well I wanted to try because I really salute them,and I thought 'why not gain an incredible experience' (which turned out not so incredible haha) Besides,I always believed that if you want 'something',you need to give 'something' back. At that time I was really worry about my future and I hope with this,I can find some peace in me and getting the 'right' answer.
Before this I had tried twice,once eating vegetarian up to a few months.Another time was not eating anything after lunch (which turned out to become a 'bad' habit of mine until now).

In the morning I woke up earlier than usual,had some hot chocolate with cereals and some biscuits,then started my fasting.
Life at NS is not that tough,we usually go to class in the morning and have some lectures in the afternoon.But lucky me the schedule was kinda tough on that day. We had kawad kaki and rehearsal for graduation day.The sun was extremely hot and I was worrying that I would faint anytime LOL. But thanks God I did not.
Other time than having activities,I was always asleep in the dorm. Others keep asking whether I was alright until a point that I almost got mad and wouldn't want to answer (cool down I am fasting haha),but anyway,thanks for those who cared.
Finally dinner time,the food were much more scrumptious and more varieties. Even two more types of drinks (usually we just have ice plain water). The best food I had in my NS life,seriously.

This experience of mine is precious and priceless,seeing my friends minta maaf and wishing Selamat berpuasa all that kind makes me miss those days.Selamat menyambut Ramadhan Al Mubarak!

No comments:

Post a Comment